26 May 2016

Sheet Mask Review Episode 4: March and April 2016 Facial Mask Collection

Before we begin, I just want to share that I am doing my sheet mask reviews constantly on my Instagram. For those of you who are feeling impatient about this monthly sheet mask thing, you're welcome to check out my Instagram for some quick reviews!

You can also check out my sheet mask 101 here!

So, here are the full list I have for sheet masks I used in March and April months of 2016:



  • Aritaum Fresh Power Essence Mask #Aloe ★★★★☆
  • Aritaum Fresh Power Essence Mask #Hyaluronic Acid ★★★★
  • Aritaum Fresh Power Essence Mask #Bamboo ★★☆
  • Etude House Blending Sleeping Cream #Rosehip ★★★
  • It's skin Clear Skin Peeling Swab ★★★
  • Mamonde Jasmine Oasis Water Flower Essential Mask ★★★★
  • Mentholatum Botanics Lavender Soothing Facial Mask ★★★★
  • Plus+ Ponybrown Alps MoistCare Dream Mask ★★★★
  • Primary Raw Doyou 2-step Face Therapy ★★★★☆
  • Primera Seed and Sprout Energy Mask #Moist-Up ★★★☆
  • Regen Cos 2-Step Synergy Effect Mask #Whitening ★★★
  • The Face Shop Real Nature Mask #Blueberry ★
  • The Face Shop Real Nature Mask #Kelp ★
  • The Face Shop Real Nature Peony Mask ★★★★☆
  • The Saem Express Beauty 1-2-3 Kit #Peel & V Firming ★★★☆
  • Tosowoong Pure Blueberry Mask ★☆
  • Lovemore Loofah & Aloe Vera Hydrating Mask Sheet ★★☆
  • Lovemore Pearl Barley & Milk Smoothing Mask Sheet ★★★☆
  • Neogence N3 Arbutin Whitening Mask ★
  • Tsaio All-in-One Complex Mask ★★★☆
  • FaceQ Marine Collagen Mask ★★★
  • My Beauty Diary Mexico Cactus Mask ★★★☆


Aritaum Fresh Power Essence Mask #Aloe



I used this after continuous exposure to harsh sunlight for 2 hours. My skin feels like it's melting from the outside. It was red and slightly inflamed so I had this for an emergency rescuing.

The material is very nice, silky soft papery wood pulp that is super slim and adhesive. Almost all Aritaum mask I used have this kinda material. It fits my skin really well without any irritation. There is two spoonful of clear, non-viscous essence in the pocket which I apply all over my body and neck. After applying, my skin immediately feels very cool and calm, as if a lot of water is rushing to get inside my exhausted cells. This mask has subtle refreshing, breezy scent.

Ingredients-wise, it contains no particularly harmful ingredient for a KRW 1,000 (RM 3.00 / USD 0.7) mask with a lot of wonderful ingredients like aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, Chinese ku-shen extract, honeysuckle extract, green tea, peach leaf extract, ginkgo biloba and gold. I am not sure about gold, but other extracts are great for soothing, hydrating, anti-acne and sun-protecting properties!
(PS: for those who r curious, I translate the ingredients myself so don't ask me for source)

In short, I am very impressed with the hydrating and soothing power, excellent ingredients list, and comfortable masking process this super affordable mask provides.

packaging: 4.5/5
scent: 4.5/5
material: 4.5/5
wear: 5/5
ingredients: 5/5
finish: 5/5
Yes! I'll repurchase!

Aritaum Fresh Power Essence Mask #Hyaluronic Acid



This is a Get it Beauty recommended mask which was the primary reason why I chose this particular flavour. This mask is constantly sold out when I try to buy one, so I only get to try it very recently. The wear, application, scent and material of this Aritaum hyaluronic acid fresh power essence mask is highly similar to the aloe vera one. It's just that this doesn't have the aloe vera extract and has more hyaluronic acid in it.

I used this when my skin is feeling a little bit dry one night and I wake up to plumper skin the next morning. Honestly, maybe due to my high expectation, I did not feel anything special about this mask. It is definitely a good mask, but not impressive. If I were to choose between one, I would recommend the aloe vera one.

packaging: 4.5/5
scent: 4/5
materials: 4.5/5
wear: 3.5/5
ingredients: 4.5/5
finish: 3.5/5
I've already stocked up 2 on this.

Aritaum Fresh Power Essence Mask #Bamboo



Here comes my third Aritaum mask in this mask episode. They are just too adorable, the packaging and material all that. This comes in bamboo flavour, which promises hydration and moisture. Again, like the hyaluronic acid one, all other ingredients remain the same with the only difference that this has bamboo extract in it.

The process is again quite pleasant, as if water is flowing into my skin to pamper and soften it but apart from that, I did not experience anything different or special. This also leaves a tacky finish for at least 30 minutes, which I kinda dislike. So this is my least favourite Aritaum mask among all three in this mask episode.

packaging: 3/5
scent: 3/5
material: 4.5/5
wear: 2/5
ingredients: 4/5
finish: 2/5
No, I won't repurchase.

Etude House Blending Sleeping Cream #Rosehip



To be honest, I don’t have a good impression on Etude House skincare. Most Etude skincare I bought are obsolete, but this sleeping cream really catches my heart. I had Kiehl’s clay mask tonight to do some deep-cleansing and don’t feel like wearing any other skincare. So, this sleeping cream comes in handy when I needed something light and nutritious.

The gel took some time to mix, but they will form a fruity-rose scented jelly cream once you mixed it. At first it felt a little heavy on skin but only took a couple pats to get absorbed. Once it was absorbed, it would leave a slightly tacky but not sticky finish that was very hydrating and smooth. Skin immediately felt plumper.

The experience is quite good, like, beyond my expectation for Etude House skincare.

packaging: 4.5/5
scent: 4/5
texture: 3/5
wear: 4/5
ingredients: N/A
finish: 3.5/5
This has been discontinued.

It's skin Clear Skin Peeling Swab



The aqua peeling trend is blowing big now in Korea. Basically, aqua peel is something you do at home to enjoy that deep yet highly hydrating chemical exfoliating process. Your skin is left smoother and softer after that.

Since most aqua peeling kit is really expensive, like somewhere between RM 15-20 (USD 3-5), so I was really excited when this got released. This was really cheap, like within a dollar or so. The process was fun, I swept this across my forehead, chin, nose and cheek, and was excited to find little black woven kind of residues got rubbed off my face but I was not sure whether or not it was my dead skin cells or something on this cotton swab.

This has an oceany scent, with slight tingling effect on skin. Skin suddenly became so dead dull when I looked into the mirror before I slept. The next morning, there was no miracle, no sudden plumper and brighter skin look. Nothing changed. Urgh.

packaging: 2/5
scent: 3.5/5
material: 3/5
wear: 2.5/5
ingredients: 3/5
finish: 2.5/5
I might buy a few more to see if anything happens?

Mamonde Jasmine Oasis Water Flower Essential Mask



Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Ethanol, PEG/PPG-17/6Copolymer, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Carbomer, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Extract (20mg), Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

Like I said before, Mamonde makes pretty mask with simple ingredients, unlike a lot of Taiwanese brands that tend to add a whole bunch of plant extracts into their masks to make their masks look appealing. No other plant extracts is added in this Jasmine Oasis Mask except for jasmine flower extract. All ingredients are pretty safe on skin, with a few exceptions like PEG-60, PEG/PPG-17/6, potassium hydroxide and fragrance. Those are solvent, surfactant, pH adjuster, preservatives and fragrance that are commonly found in other skincare. And I would rather that they use potassium hydroxide than triethanolamine for pH adjusting.

In term of packaging, it looks elegant and pretty with its jasmine water in the cover page, the mask material uses slim and adhesive pulp fiber. Actually I cannot really differentiate the type of materials used in a mask so I will show you guys the picture for your own judgement. The smell is also really lovely, pure jasmine scent that will relax your body and soul before going to sleep. 

In term of performance, this mask hydrates my skin really well when I am wearing it. I can feel that a lot of water is coming into my skin, leaving it soft and plump until the next day. You can enjoy your little SPA at home, imagine that you are in Bali feeling the beautiful power of the nature. Love!

packaging: 5/5
scent: 4.5/5
material: 4.5/5
wear: 4.5/5
ingredients: 4.5/5
finish: 4.5/5
Yes! I'll repurchase!

Mentholatum Botanics Lavender Soothing Facial Mask



Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Water, Propylene Glycol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Citric Acid, , Corn Gluten Amino Acids, Sodium Lactate, Hydroxyacetophenone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Water ,Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Opuntia Streptacantha Stem Extract, Tremella Fuciformis Extract, Water, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Cetearyl Methicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Steareth-2, Steareth-21, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Water, Butylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Water, Butylene Glycol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Water, Triacetin, Glycerin, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Urea, Polyquaternium-51, Sodium PCA, Parfum, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil (CosDNA analysis)

I got this from Guardian, a local drugstore. The mask looks super cute, like having lavender garden in a bottle which got me sold.

This mask claims that it contains botanical lavender extract to refresh, revitalize, and soothe skin as well as protect it against environmental damage. Surprisingly, this contains decent ingredients. Of course, this has a lot of the side dishes like emulsifiers, solvents, emollients and all that but most are quite safe. Only a few are marked “moderately hazardous” on Cosdna.

This contains some plant extracts for hydrating, soothing and anti-oxidizing purposes like cactus, tremella mushroom, chamomile, lavender flower extract, as well as some non-plant-extracts actives like allantoin, hyaluronic acid, trehalose and urea. The ingredients are good, but with that many of emulsifiers, emollients, viscosity controllers, and surfactants, it actually makes me wonder how many actives are actually there. Am I drinking a pure orange juice, or diluted sweetened orange juice? Lols. Anyway, the way this product is formulated sort of remind me of Japanese made skincare like Kose.

As for the mask itself, it has soft and silky pulp-fiber kind of material. I think modern day mask has those materials nowadays. The scent is nice, with a slight lavender oil perfume. My skin feels relaxed and moisturized after using, with a little bit of itchiness on parts of my face. Not sure if it is due to this mask, I will try it out again in other flavours to keep you guys updated. No amazing soothing effect is observed.

packaging: 5/5
scent: 4/5
material: 4.5/5
wear: 4/5
ingredients: 4/5
finish: 4/5
Yes! I'll repurchase!

Plus+ Ponybrown Alps MoistCare Dream Mask



CosDNA analysis

Initially I was a bit sceptical when I bought this, because it looks really cute, which makes me feel that this is a mask for the young girls. However, looking at the ingredients and performance, I must say that I am very impressed.

First, the material is really nice and soft, considering the best material for a mask at that price range (RM 3-6). A lot of Korean masks are slowly moving towards this material. The smell is also really nice, very breezy and refreshing.

The mask contains some cool stuffs in it, mostly are moisturizers like urea, allantoin, arginine, licorice extract, ceramide, baobao extract, shea butter, mango fruit extract, sweet almond oil, olive leaf extract, aloe vera extract, oat meal extract, trehalose etc. A lot of those are reputable, good ingredients for your skin, which explains why it leaves my skin feeling so hydrated, plump and soft after taking it off. I definitely think that this worths the money you are paying for, especially if you buy them in pack. It is intensely hydrating without being too sticky like most “moisturizing” mask.

packaging: 4/5
scent: 3.5/5
material: 4.5/5
wear: 5/5
ingredients: 5/5
finish: 4.5/5
Yes! I'll repurchase!

Primary Raw Doyou 2-step Face Therapy



Can anyone agree with me that this packaging looks absolutely gorgeous? It looks like an expensive mask for aristocrat, and it is indeed expensive. At USD 4-5, this is as about 4-5 pieces of my other masks. It has two items in it, an AHA cotton swab and a cotton mask. The major claim is milk-peel, moisturizing, brightening and wrinkles care.

The ingredients for both are pretty safe and nice. The cotton ball contains aloe vera extract, niacinamide, anise fruit extract, skullcap extract, fennel fruit extract, basil, chamomile, marshmallow and so on for soothing, skin lightening and anti-oxidizing protection. Lactic acid, apple fruit water and glycolic acid are the AHAs used here for non-abrasive dead skin cells removal.

After peeling, you are supposed to follow it up with a cotton mask. The cotton mask smells like spicy herbal with a hint of milk. There is a spoonful of clear but viscous essence that gets absorbed easily without leaving any sticky finish. Ingredients-wise, this contains niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, swiftlet nest extract, collagen, allantoin, centella asiatica, Japanese knotweed, camellia, licorice, chamomile, rosemary, aloe vera and all that long list of amazing ingredients to nourish, moisturize, antioxidize, brighten up and soothe your skin. I don’t spot anything bad or suspicious here. It leaves my skin looking plumper with an improvement in overall complexion and radiance, although not too impressive for a mask that expensive.

I think if you are looking for a good cotton peeling treatment, you can definitely try this out. But, if you are just looking for a normal masking experience, then this mask isn’t miraculous or super good to worth that USD 4-5 you are paying for.

packaging: 4.5/5
scent: 3.5/5
material: 4/5
wear: 5/5
ingredients: 5/5
finish: 4/5
I've 4 more to go.

Primera Seed and Sprout Energy Mask #Moist-Up


Hmm... how should I say about this mask? I have high expectations on Primera products, and their masks of course! But this one seems to disappoint me a little.

The mask itself is good. It has pretty packaging, nice papery cotton material, and a lot of clear essence. However, I start to develop some tingling here and there when I was wearing this. Another product about it is that it doesn't fit my skin well, as you can see in the picture above. It seems to be too big for my face with many folds.

Also, when I look into the ingredients, I found that this has a lot of alcohol-derivatives like butylene glycol, ethanol, cetearyl alcohol, behenyl alcohol which function as emulsifiers, emollients and preservatives in this mask. I am usually fine with alcohols, but with that many alcohols, maybe I can explain why it causes those tingling sensation. The sensation is not pleasant, it is more like irritation.

This mask has some cool ingredients though, like artemisia, lotus seed extract, houttuynia and so on great anti-oxidizing and moisturizing plant extracts. My skin feels plumper and soften, as well as "purified/cleaner" without unpleasant tackiness.


packaging: 4/5
scent: 3.5/5
material: 3.5/5
wear: 3/5
ingredients: 4/5
finish: 4/5
I've 4 more to go.

Regen Cos 2-Step Synergy Effect Mask #Whitening



I've reviewed about this product previously here.

Basically, this is a two-piece mask designed by Korean surgery hospitals for individuals who wish to achieve that V-shape contour with the help of mask. The quality, material and masking process of this mask is delightful, however, I have yet to see any so-called "V-shape contouring effect", which I seriously don't think can be achieved by masks, especially that this isn't a cheap mask.

Final thoughts? Maybe using your finger knots to do the massaging is a more economical and practical practice.

packaging: 3.5/5
scent: 3.5/5
material: 3.5/5
wear: 3.5/5
ingredients: N/A
finish: 3/5
No I have tried 5 and did not see effects at all. This whitening one feels the same as the moisturizing one.

The Face Shop Real Nature Mask #Blueberry



This is the 2014 version The Face Shop KRW 1,000 mask. I have tried a few, despite their beautiful packaging, nothing about this mask impresses me, not even the materials they use.

This blueberry flavour has highly viscous essence that makes me doubt is it still potent or there has been some quality dropping secretly going on in there. Even the smell is weird, like some kind of fruity plastic that I seriously do not enjoy. This one should expire in 2017/8 if I am not mistaken so maybe it is just the mask itself.

So I tried another flavour to see if it still annoys me:

The Face Shop Real Nature Mask #Kelp



Unfortunately, I don't like this either. It smells rather perfumy, not unpleasant but quite overwhelming. My face starts to suffer a lot of itchiness 10 minutes after putting this on. The sheet material feels odd, uncomfortable and unfitting on my skin as well. I really cannot make myself to like this.

Ingredients-wise, both masks contain all the common mask ingredients, some moisturizing factors, some plant extracts, and triethanolamine (as discussed before, this has caused liver cancer in rat labs hence it is rated unsafe) as well as parabens.


packaging: 3.5/5
scent: 1/5
material: 2.5/5
wear: 2/5
ingredients: 2/5
finish: 2.5/5
This has been discontinued.

The Face Shop Real Nature Peony Mask




Although both The Face Shop 2014 real nature masks failed me, this 2016 version really impresses me greatly. Firstly, it looks absolutely gorgeous with its packaging. It induces me to buy all different flavours of this mask, even inviting two of my colleagues to do so. The material is really slim and silky, something about its material really makes it feel soft on the skin.

This mask claims that it is a serum-in-oil type essence mask to provide illuminating radiance with peony extract in it - the Empress' flower. The essence is not oily at all, it is more like a milky-colour clear and runny essence that is fast absorbing and non-viscous. The scent is quite perfumy, but is more floral than artificial. I enjoy the scent a lot. Another good part about this mask is that it doesn't contain any of those problematic ingredients that will give me headache. No triethanolamine, no paraben or methylisothiazolinone.

The mask adheres to my skin really well. I feel like a lot of water is coming into my skin during the process. It left my skin feeling cooled, calmed, soft, plumped. There isn't any boost in my skin radiance, only a very subtle one.

packaging: 5/5
scent: 4/5
material: 5/5
wear: 4.5/5
ingredients: 5/5
finish: 4/5
Yes! Definitely.

The Saem Express Beauty 1-2-3 Kit #Peel & V Firming




I've shared before how this whole aqua peeling thing is getting popular in Korea and across the Asia. and The Saem is among the few brands that come out with their own aqua peeling kit. This kit costs KRW 5,000, which is kinda pricey in my opinion, but I really want to try so I got a few for myself.

This aqua peel feels like most other aqua peel I've tried. There is a slight tingling effect but the moisturizing mask that comes immediately soothes the tingling effect quite well. The mask has viscous essence that is dripping everywhere, which is kinda a mess to apply. However, the essence is not sticky or tacky on my skin. It smells like ocean breeze. The lifting patch is also kinda small to fit my jaw lines perfectly.

No super impressive results observed. My skin feels cleaner and brighter, and slightly plumper.

packaging: 5/5
scent: 4/5
material: 5/5
wear: 4.5/5
ingredients: 5/5
finish: 4/5
Yes I think I will.

Tosowoong Pure Blueberry Mask


Tosowoong pure blueberry mask is kinda like an “expensive” mask for me. Priced at KRW 2,000, this is double the price of a normal Korean mask. So, let’s see if it worths the 2x price.

This mask comes in blueberry flavor for whitening. The packaging and all looks quite simple, not much of an esthetic value here. There is a lot of clear, viscous and somewhat sticky essence. The smell is unpleasant, like the cheap blueberry syrup you get from the drink-selling machine. The material is decent, it is a coarse papery sheet that is made of plastic-pulp-fiber hybrid? It certainly feels more plastic and less soft on skin. Luckily, it doesn’t irritate.

The ingredients are surprisingly good! It has niacinamide, blueberry extract, licorice extract, adenosine, and allantoin. It is simple and sweet. They do all the basic but essential repairing, anti-oxidizing, melanin-reducing, and revitalizing work for your skin. You can find the link to full ingredients list here.

Actually, I purchased this from Testerkorea, and the mask is about to expire in June or July. Hence, I am not sure is that the reason why the quality is so bad (because it is almost expired?). The mask left my face super sticky which feels like it is not even absorbing. Though, my skin looks “whitened” and even pale the next morning when I wake up. Only whitening effect, no moisturizing or anything else.

packaging: 2/5
scent: 0/5
material: 1.5/5
wear: 1.5/5
ingredients: 5/5
finish: 3.5/5
I think not for the smell

Lovemore Loofah & Aloe Vera Hydrating Mask Sheet
爱恋魔法 丰台湾 芦荟丝瓜



Had high expectation on this mask, but the overall impression was quite disappointing.

This mask claims soothing and hydrating with the essence of loofah (a plant full of water) and aloe vera (another plant that's known for having this miraculous healing and hydrating power). There is a lot of non-sticky essence in the pocket, material is really soft and silky on the skin. The whole process is quite okay - pretty relaxing and hydrating but this somehow irritates my dehydrated skin. And that's still okay because it left my skin feeling hydrated and bright the next day.

The real problem lies in the ingredients. This contains... those preservatives that always got me frowned, like iodopropynyl butylcarbamate and methylisothiazolinone. The methy- is even worst, it is found by research to cause nerve damage. I mean, your nerve cells, once died, will never be surrogated you know? So I am quite careful when it comes to stuffs that might cause those undesirable results.

packaging: 4/5
scent: 3.5/5
material: 4/5
wear: 3.5/5
ingredients: 1/5
finish: 3.5/5
I will finish off what I've bought, and not repurchase.

Lovemore Pearl Barley & Milk Smoothing Mask Sheet
爱恋魔法 丰台湾 薏仁牛奶柔白面膜



Lovemore masks always looks pretty. I am not sure about you, but it certainly reminds me of the traditional Taiwanese style. The one I am using here is pearl barley and milk flavour, which promises softer and brighter skin after 20 minutes.

However, it actually somewhat disappoints me after all the hypes and vows about this. First, the mask smells like some artificial sweet vanilla milk candy, which I don’t like in cosmetics. It feels cheap, like those RM 0.20 (USD 0.05) candies you buy in your childhood. What am I? Kids? Secondly, ingredients-wise, this contains iodopropynyl butylcarbamate with organ toxin and safety concern. It is even more dangerous than phenoxyethanol I think. Although this doesnt have that methylisothiazolinone like the Loofah one I mentioned above, but I am still a bit concerned about it.

Fortunately, other than that, it is still decent. The material used is really gentle, soft and adhesive. It will grab essence and push it deep into your skin. Force-feeding, I think. It also contains some nice ingredients like pearl barley (job’s tear), horse chestnus, and hyaluronic acid and so on. I wake up with my skin looking dewy and silky soft the next morning as if I just had it polished.

packaging: 4.5/5
scent: 2/5
material: 4/5
wear: 3.5/5
ingredients: 3/5
finish: 3.5/5
I am not sure, maybe not.

Neogence N3 Arbutin Whitening Mask
霓净思 熊果素美白淡斑面膜


I know this mask is popular, there are people asking about it. A lot of Taiwanese girls are also using this N3 masks, apart from the more expensive but effective TT mask I think. But sadly for me, it doesn't work. It always itches me out no matter how hard I try to befriend with it, and this terrible itchiness thing rarely does occur to me. I recalled having this terrible itchiness with Hanaka mask and another N3 mask in ceramide flavour. You can see my previous review on the ceramide one.

In term of quality and masking experience, this mask also kinda fails me. It smells pretty plasticky, but maybe normal for cheap cosmetics without any "artificial" fragrance added? The mask is made of papery cotton, which may explain the irritation. The fitting is good though. Even though I had to take it off like 10 minutes later, my skin still feels softer but of course not brighter.

packaging: 1/5
scent: 1.5/5
material: 1/5
wear: 0/5
ingredients: 3/5
finish: 1/5
No...

Tsaio All-in-One Complex Mask
上山采药 白金全效精华面膜 黑珍珠 + 燕窝 + 纳豆 全效



Do you believe in an all-in-one mask? I did! which is why I bought this. This mask is seriously pretty, with all the graphic design and beautiful box that comes with it.

Ingredients-wise, there is plenty of good ones like swiftlet nest extract, aloe vera, peony flower extract, arbutin, licorice extract, niacinamide, and all other Chinese herbal extracts that are not too-scientifically-backed for being effective on your skin, but is certainly interesting to try. I mean, masks are cheap. There is no reason why you wouldn't invest in a mask that only costs you RM 3-5 (USD 1) each with popular Chinese tonic that is not-yet scientifically backed.

This mask doesn't smell like anything. It has this viscous sticky texture that I seriously do not appreciate, which leaves an unpleasant tacky finish. Didn't feel anything too special. I think I prefer the ultimate brightening and intense hydration versions better.

packaging: 3/5
scent: 3/5
material: 3.5/5
wear: 3/5
ingredients: 3.5/5
finish: 3/5
I still have 9 left in that box!

绝世爱美肌 it's ocean #海洋胶原蛋白紧致面膜
FaceQ Marine Collagen Mask



This is one of those pretty packaged mask with ocean design. I can't deny that packaging determines whether or not I will buy a mask. Not so wet when I took it out, left a spoonful clear slightly viscuous essence which I all slap on my drier body parts. Had it on for 15 mins, dint experience any itchiness or bad feeling. Mask dries up faster than other paper mask I've tried.

Material is a semihydrogel-pulp, firm but slim. No noticeable scent. Left my skin smooth, plumper and firmer. Pores smaller. A bit tacky for the next 1 hour but not sticky. Again, this mask has the preservative iodopropynyl butylcarbamate which I have expressed my concern on it previously and many times in my previous mask episodes. I wish they will improve the formula soon because this mask is quite nice and I want to keep using it.

packaging: 3.5/5
scent: 3.5/5
material: 3.5/5
wear: 3.5/5
ingredients: 3/5
finish: 3.5/5
Guess not.

My Beauty Diary Mexico Cactus Mask
我的美丽日记 墨西哥仙人掌面膜



Now we come to the last one this month.

This My Beauty Diary taiwanese mask has simple but elegant packaging. It is wet out of the pocket, and is dripping essence. The essence is clear and runny but not sticky. I smell some raw fresh cucumber kind of scent that is quite subtle. The masking process is pleasant with the nice material they are using. It feels really hydrating, cooling, refreshing and soothing on my face. I kinda like it but is not super impressed.


packaging: 3/5
scent: 3/5
material: 3/5
wear: 4/5
ingredients: 3.5/5
finish: 3.5/5
Maybe.


[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...