16 Jun 2016

Review: A.H.C Private Real Eye Cream for Face (Season 3)


I decided to write about this eye cream first, before my tonnes other reviews because... honestly I don't really find a lot of comprehensive reviews on this particular product. There was a lot of marketing gimmicks on this. A lot of people are raving about how expensive this was in Korea, and how great the brand itself actually is. I am not saying that any of those claims are untrue, because I don't really get to the ground and interview Koreans right? So, today's review is going to be about sharing my honest 2 cents with this popular eye product.


This Private Real Eye Cream for Face is the 3rd upgraded version. There is a 4th one coming out just months ago, and I did purchase that one to try and compare. Basically, this A.H.C eye cream is unique in the way that it is from a decent dermatologist brand called Aesthetic Hydration Cosmetics. They produce quality products at higher price range, which actually intrigues me why they produce this Private Real Eye Cream at low prices. The product looks like they got some interesting ingredients, nice texture, pleasant scent and all that, but why this cheap? Somehow, after looking at the ingredients, I kinda suspect that this is a product they make to experiment. It is like putting a lot of ingredients inside a cake to see how it will turn out later but accidentally make a delicious cake, if you get the idea.


The product looks simple and neat. No complicated design, no fancy claims. Just a tube with long mouth for hygienic reason.


The texture looks really delicious. It is not sticky, not heavy, and highly blendable. It's also kind of chewy like there is a lot of resilience and energy packed inside. Definitely not a texture I would expect for an eye cream that only costs me about USD 12-15. The smell of this product is really wonderful as well, which reminds me of perfumy shea butter like those in The Body Shop Shea Whip Lotion but not close. This one smells more cosmetics instead of creamy.


This offers a lot of hydration, emollient and resilience for my skin. Drier parts of my eyes immediately feel smoothed and moisturized when I apply this. Although this is suitable as facial cream, I normally wouldn't find it appealing to be used on other parts of my face. It is blendable for smaller skin areas but not so much for the entire face. It would be a bit sticky or tacky whenever I apply it all over my face.

source

I was thinking of showing you guys my before vs. after picture after using it for over 9 months now. However, I don't really notice any difference so I just drop them. The good news is that my fine lines don't exacerbate; but the bad news is that the texture around my skin seems getting rougher. So this eye cream hasn't been doing anything too impressive or awesome on my eyes area.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Niacinamide, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Phellinus Linteus Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Polyquaternium-51, Phytosteryl/Behenyl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract, Collagen Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Phaseolus Lunatus (Green Bean) Seed Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Polysorbate 60, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Polyacrylate-13, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Dimethiconol, Polysorbate 20, Polisobutene, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-75 Stearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ceteth-20, Stearaeth-20, Xanthan Gum, Adenosine, Schizosaccharomyces Ferment Filtrate, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Theanine, Triethylhexanoin, Cholesterol, Milk Lipids, Caramel, Folic Acid, Hydrogenated Phosphatidylcholine, Glutahione, Isostearyl Isosteratate, Propylene Glycol, Raffinose, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Hdroxyethylcellulose, Potassium C11-15 Alkyl Phosphate, Lecithin, Acetic Acid, Rutin, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Tocpheryl Linoleate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Lactic Acid, Phytosphingosine, Tromethamine, Ceramide 2, Sorbitan Laurate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Pottassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hydroxethylcellulose, Acetyl Dipepetide-1 Cetyl Ester, Citric Acid, Copper Tripeptide-1, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrolyzed Glycosamigoglycans, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Sorbic Acid, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Acetyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate


INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

I must admit that this eye cream has a lot of delicious ingredients in it: niacinamide, shea butter, polydecene, centella asiatica, hyaluronic acid, ceramide and all that. These are good ingredients for moisturizing, improving skin elasticity and soothing. They also add fermented yeast extract to repair and stimulate cell renewal.

For moisturizing and nourishing, we have shea butter, phellinus linteus (a herb), burdock root extract, cork tree, antarcticine, hyaluronic acid, schizosaccharomyces ferment filtrate, ceramides, theanine, raffinose, and glycosamigoglycans (skin repairing agent and collagen stimulating). And then we willow herb, centella asiatica, houttuynia cordata, cornflower extract and so on to soothe and protect the skin from acne-triggering bacteria and irritants. Evening primrose extract, vitamin E, botox peptides and glutathione are also added to protect skin from environmental aggressors and stop signs of aging from appearing.

Surprisingly, for a super long list like this, there isn't a lot of problematic ingredients, or any that will really triggers acne or sensitive reactions, although I've noticed a lot of repetitive ingredients.


CONCLUSION

As I mentioned in my previous review, most concerns we have on our eyes are lifestyle-related. I never get enough sleep ever since I bought a phone or have speedy internet access at home. Blogging also takes a toll in my already unhealthy sleeping habit. So for a person who rarely gets dark circles or fine lines like myself start developing them about a year ago.

However, I have not found any eye cream that would actually do away with my fine lines or dark circles. One particular eye cream does mitigate the appearance of fine lines under my eyes but as long as I am not sleeping well, they are coming back again.

This A.H.C eye cream is not bad, but it is not miraculous or super effective. It is definitely something excellent at this price, which you can use for both your eyes area and your face to moisturize and soothe them, but don't rely on it to diminish eye bags, dark circles, fine lines, wrinkles and all those stuffs if you never convince yourself to sleep earlier. These are just intensive spot moisturizer, not fillers. So do keep in mind on that!

packaging: ★★ 
scent: ★★★★☆
texture: ★★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★
efficacy: ★★★★
overall impression: ★★★ (very good and I really enjoy it)


You can get this from: Koreadepart | StyleKorean | Qoo10
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...