3 Nov 2016

Believe in Truth: A Brand Overview and Reviews of 60 Belif Products Part 2: Booster, Toner, Mist, Eye Cream


I have talked about the brand philosophy, product label, and my thoughts on Belif products as a whole in my part 1 review. In this article, I am gonna share how I get to know Belif at the first place.


I got to know Belif long before Belif opened its first store in Malaysia. I heard about Belif when I started to dive into the kbeauty trend. I wanted to give it a try so I included some of Belif's miniature in my 3rd Testerkorea haul some time in 2015. And it was the Aqua Bomb that got me super hooked, which subsequently prompted me to become one of the first customers when Belif opened its first store in Sunway Pyramid. All these amazing products I share in this mega review is a combination of my own purchase, Gift with Purchase (GwPs), sample sachets, family's purchase and friend's purchase. It takes me nearly 2 years to accumulate this much of Belif products. And my review was finally shared on Belif website last year as a recognition of my effort.

I hope these reviews will be helpful for some of you who are interested in trying out and learning more about Belif products. Good luck finding your best Belifies.

Full list of products discussed in this article:
  • Belif The True Decoction - Anti-Aging Shaking Water
  • Belif Numero 10 Essence | Full Review
  • Belif The True Tincture Of Chamomile | Full Review
  • Belif Witch Hazel Herbal Extract Toner | Full Review
  • Belif Bergamot Herbal Extract Toner 
  • Belif Eucalyptus Herbal Extract Toner
  • Belif The True - Whitening Clear Toning Water
  • Belif Glazing Water Mist Purple
  • Belif Anti-Dark Circle Eye Serum
  • Belif Moisturizing And Firming Eye Cream | Full Review
  • Belif Peat Miracle Revital Eye Cream

Belif The True Decoction - Anti-Aging Shaking Water 150ml
(KRW 48,000)


This is skin booster with anti-aging, moisturizing and soothing benefits. You use this at the first step of your skincare right after cleansing to prep your skin for better skincare absorption.

This is a close relative of the Anti-Aging Essence, both products share a lot of similarities in term of packaging, ingredients used and texture. However, this is much lighter, more soothing and penetrates faster than the Anti-Aging Essence. The ingredients used are also more nutritious and high-tech. It is made of decoction, a method of extraction by boiling herbal extracts that are dissolved in water. Normally we use this to make tea or coffee but Belif uses this to make skincare products!

The product is consisted of two layers: whipped emollient calendula cream and watery anti-oxidizing berries essence. You need to shake it prior to using and pat it on your skin for better absorption. I do notice that other skincare gets absorbed better with this product on. It is also suitable for winter time where your skin is dry and flaky after showering so that you can soften and soothe your epidermis before applying any skincare. My skin is also more radiant, softer and plumper after adding this into my routine.

Ideal for all skin types, especially dull, dehydrated, rough and drier skin.

Belif Numero 10 Essence 75ml
(KRW 33,000 / RM 140)


This is a skin booster that you use within 10 seconds after cleansing to replenish moisture on your skin. You are advised to use this on a damp face as using it on dry face might leave a tacky finish, which is also why Belif recommends that you use this within 10 seconds after cleansing when the skin is still wet.

The product has a watery gel consistency that spreads beautifully on the skin. It is very gentle and soothing for the skin. It can always calm my skin down whenever my skin is feeling dry or irritated. It also supplies lightweight but abundant moisture to my skin. My best friend with highly sensitive skin adores this and finds this works better than the Hungarian Water Essence. Another friend with breakout-prone and sensitive skin also prefers this over any other Belif essences. She finds this gentler and more effective at calming down her skin than the Tincture of Chamomile.

This is my top 9 skincare favourite in 2016. I find it effective at calming and moisturizing my skin after cleansing. Sometimes when I am super lazy, I will just slather this onto my face and let it hold the moisture for 2-3 hours before continuing with my nighttime routine after I finish doing my other works.

I have repurchased the limited 150ml edition as a back up. Ideal for all skin types, especially dehydrated, dry, sensitive, and flaky skin. I think acne-prone can use this as well because there are a lot of acne-calming ingredients inside. Check this out for my full review and ingredients analysis.

Belif The True Tincture of Chamomile 75ml
(KRW 45,000 / RM 190)


This is a skin booster that functions like a blood circulation improving essence and skin conditioner. Normally, you use this after your toner as the essence is a little rich in consistency. But you can also use this right after cleansing if your skin finds it apply better this way. This is not a first essence though although it shares some properties of first treatment essence.

This contains a whopping 93% of pure organic chamomile tincture. Tincture is an essence extracted by dissolving herbal ingredients in alcohol. Normally, we dissolve our herbal ingredients in water but sometimes water is insufficient as a solvent as some components in these herbal ingredients are not water-soluble. Out of 93%, 5% are alcohol, so you might want to patch test if you are very sensitive to alcohol.

This is my mom’s holy grail. It helps to eliminate dullness and reduce the appearance of blackheads and pores by improving blood circulation to her skin. It’s also effective in calming down and soothing her easily irritated skin and protects her from harmful pollutants and environmental damages since she travels a lot. My best friend with extremely sensitive and dull skin, who survives mainly on Avene products adores this as well. She finds that this has soothed, moisturized and revitalized her skin in a "natural way" that normal people need to achieve through scrub or chemical exfoliant, which she cannot do since she has really sensitive skin. Not all sensitive skin is suitable for this though as another friend of mine finds this irritating. She prefers Kiehl's Calendula Toner.

I have normal to dry skin so I sometimes find this a little bit too rich and will leave my skin feeling a little bit tacky, so I always apply this on a damp face. I enjoy how my skin wakes up looking vibrant, healthy and soft the next day but I don't see a lot of improvements in term of blackheads. My blackheads are really stubborn though and can only be tackled by BHA so I am still experimenting it under different skin conditions.

Ideal for dull, sensitive, rough, dehydrated and unhealthy skin. Those allergic to alcohol should patch test before using. Check this out for full review and ingredients analysis!

Belif Witch Hazel Herbal Extract Toner 200ml
(KRW 28,000 / RM 115)


This is a moisturizing toner for normal to dry skin. You use this after cleansing and before a serum and moisturizer. You must cleanse your face thoroughly before using this as this cannot double cleanse.

The toner has a pearly white consistency that gets absorbed into the skin fairly easily without leaving any sticky residue. All of my friends who have tried it love it at first but as their skin becomes more balanced over time, this might become a little bit richer so it is normal that you find this richer and richer over time. My mom who used to love this has moved on to the Bergamot Toner. My best friend with extremely sensitive and dehydrated skin adores this. As for me, I love this but find this getting richer over time so I sometimes just skip my emulsion and jump right into a moisturizer after using this.

I might not repurchase since my skin is less dry now so this toner has become a little bit rich for my liking, but I would highly recommend it for individuals with dry, dehydrated, flaky, dull and sensitive skin as it can soothe, moisturize, and revitalize your skin in a nice way! Check this out for full review and ingredients analysis!

Belif Bergamot Herbal Extract 200ml
(KRW 28,000 / RM 115)


This is a skin balancing toner for normal to combination skin. You use this after cleansing and before a serum and moisturizer. Use this on a clean face as it cannot double cleanse.

The toner has a slippery gel consistency that spreads easily on the skin. Certain people might find it greasy because of the slipperiness but if you apply it on a damp face the toner gets absorbed just right in. My mom is currently using this and she finds that this has balanced the sebum production on her skin really well. Her combination and mature skin also prefers this toner as it is more lightweight in texture.

I have not started using the full size product I bought, only 3-4 miniatures but I am enjoying it thus far. I think it is a really nice gel type toner that glides on the skin smoothly, bringing along lightweight hydration. I don't feel that this has balanced my skin or has done anything great though, but I need to use it for longer and more consistently to tell a difference.

Ideal for normal to combination skin, especially those with imbalance oil-moisture barrier.

Belif Eucalyptus Herbal Extract Toner 200ml
(KRW 28,000 / RM 115)


This is an oil-free and refreshing toner for oily skin types. Those with combination/normal skin can use this as well during summer time. It has eucalyptus and apple mint to moisturize, soothe and balance out oil and moisture level for oily and acne-prone skin. It also cleanses and rehydrates the outer layer of skin while leaving the inner layer supple and soothed.

The toner, as you can see, is extremely light-weighted and refreshing, which absorbs instantly as it touches the skin. The texture is highly similar to Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence. My boyfriend with damaged, oily-dehydrated and acne-prone skin really enjoys and has finished all the miniatures of this toner I gave him. He rarely finishes any skincare stuffs I gave him!

Recently, he has changed over to this toner after finish using Kiehl's Calendula Toner. He prefers this over Kiehl's because his skin is oily-dehydrated and this toner with its lightweight hydrating property has done a better job controlling his sebum production and makes him less prone to breakouts.

Ideal for all skin types especially those with oily, combination, dehydrated and acne-prone skin.

Belif The True - Whitening Clear Toning Water 200ml
(KRW 32,000 / RM 135)


This is a cleansing toner with gentle exfoliating and hydrating properties to achieve clearer, brighter and smoother skin tone. You use this right after cleansing and before anything including treatment essence and first serum.

I normally don't use a brightening toner since I always believe that proper exfoliation and hydration breeds fairer and healthier skin rather than trying to bleach it. But, recently I got my mind changed after I encountered several really well-made brightening toners. This Belif one is one of these.

This toner has a slippery watery consistency that feels like the Bergamot Toner, but is less sticky. You are supposed to use this on a cotton pad to slough off dead skin cells and tone your skin. I can see some yellowish stuffs on it whenever I am using it on a cotton pad. It also leaves my skin plumper and softer, instead of tight or dry.

If you use the popular Son & Park Beauty Water, I would say that both are in the same category but catering for different skin types. This suits sensitive and drier skin better whereas the Beauty Water works best for average to oily skin types enjoying a more refreshing and hydrating toning experience. As for the performance, I think this has done a great job at clearing out dullness and unevenness on my skin although I don't see major improvements in my hyperpigmentation. I will be back for more review when I finish using it.

Ideal for all skin types.

Belif Glazing Water Mist Purple
(KRW 29,000 / RM 125)


This is a skin brightening and hydrating facial mist. You can use this as and when you need it, with or without wearing your makeup. It is made of 10% of Harrogate Water, a type of mineral water to supply moisture and minerals for your skin.

I love this mist. You guys know that my personal favourite is Laneige Water Bank Mineral Mist, which still has not changed, but I am loving this Belif one a lot as well. It is a very refreshing and soothing mist. The texture is kinda creamy where the water particles are super refined and condensed. This makes it easier for the particles to actually penetrate your skin. My skin feels instantly moisturized after spraying it on your skin. My skin is immediately more dewy looking once the mist settled into my skin.

I would definitely recommend this. I think this is a nice mist with a convenient cap that won’t go missing as it is tied to your bottle. The application feels heavenly as well, super soothing and refreshing. However, I am not sure if I will repurchase given that this costs about RM 125 for 100ml of product. But I will probably go back to it once I run out of mists to try or is bored of the Laneige one.

Ideal for all skin types, especially dull and dehydrated skin.

Belif Anti-Dark Circle Eye Serum 20ml
(KRW 48,000/ RM 205)


This is an eye serum made of red sage gallnut to diminish the appearance of dark circles. As shared in my previous Innisfree Whitening Pore Eye Cream review, no over-the-counter product can effectively and permanently tackle dark circles problem unless if you change your lifestyle and start to get more sleep.

The texture of this eye serum is better than the Innisfree one. It still has mica inside, but the mica is much more refined and the cream gets absorbed without any greasiness on your eyes. I am really pleased by eye cream with high absorbency. At least it wouldn’t give me little milias that takes ages to go away.

However, if you ask me about performance, I would say that this will reflect light off my dark circles (i.e. diminish the appearance of dark circles) but has not done any practical to tone down those areas. It does improve the appearance of under-eyes fine lines, and smooth out dryness on my eyes area, but has not done anything amazing on my dark circles, at least not within 1 tube of the eye serum. Not sure will I repurchase, since I am loving the Moisturizing and Firming Eye Cream and will definitely repurchase that one.

Belif Moisturizing and Firming Eye Cream 25ml
(KRW 45,000 / RM 190)


This is the eye cream version of the Moisturizing Bomb. It is rich in emollient but is surprisingly light-weighted for the eyes area.

This is my favourite eye cream thus far, also the only eye cream that has immensely reduced the appearance of fine lines under my eyes. The results are not permanent since I can see the lines but they do appear shallower than they usually do and new lines haven't come up even during serious sleep deprivation and stressful days when I start to incorporate this into my routine regularly.

Ideal for normal to dry eyes, will work well for those in their 20s and 30s. This is more like a preventive measure than repairing. Wrinkled eyes should check out the Peat Miracle Revital Eye Cream. Check this out for my full review and ingredients analysis!

Belif Peat Miracle Revital Eye Cream 25ml
(KRW 50,000 / RM 215)


This is a fine lines and wrinkles-reducing anti-aging eye cream, and is heavier than the Moisturizing and Firming Eye Cream with more nourishing oil content. This is made of the humic acid of peat extract with GABA ingredients to accelerate the production of collagen, minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and nourish delicate areas around the eyes.

The consistency of this eye cream is kinda creamy and thick. Instead of greasy, I would say that this is really moisturizing and nourishing. I think this suits mature skin with weaker moisture-holding capacity better as younger skin might find it a bit heavy for daily use.

I have claimed several sachets from Belif counter having purchased the Moisturizing and Firming Eye Cream just to compare but went back to the counter to purchase a bottle myself for both my mom and I during my birthday month discount. Although it has done an equally great job at minimizing the appearance of fine lines under my eyes as the Moisturizing and Firming Eye Cream, but this Peat Miracle Revital Eye Cream is more heavyduty without being overly greasy for days when my eyes are really tired from all-day-long computer-staring and heavy workload. Hence, both have their pros and cons and I am enjoying both.

As for my mom, she is in her 40s and feel that the Moisturizing and Firming Eye Cream is no longer effective and powerful enough for her wrinkled eyes area. Hence, she has been loving and committed to this eye cream days and nights, claiming that it has made her eyes area appear "less tired and saggy". I am not entirely sure about the wrinkles-reducing part because I don't stare at her everyday to see if her wrinkles have improved but she told me that her eyes area feel less dry and less saggy, which I think is a positive sign that this has worked for her.

Ideal for mature or dry eyes. Younger and oily skin can check out the Moisturizing and Firming Eye Cream.

Other reviews:
Part 1: Cleansing Oil, Cleansing Water, Foam Cleanser, Scrub
Part 2: Booster, Toner, Mist, Eye Cream
Part 3: Essence, Serum, Oil, Spot Treatment, Balm
Part 4: Emulsion and Cream
Part 5: Mask
Part 6: Body Care, Hand Cream, Sunscreen, Foundation


[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...