5 May 2017

Believe in Truth: A Brand Overview and Reviews of 60 Belif Products Part 6: Body Care, Hand Cream, Sunscreen, Foundation



Actually, I want to say that... the cover picture is irrelevant. I just haven't found the closest group photo of Belif products I have for this last part of my massive Belif reviews. Perhaps I should take some time to take pretty group photos for this post.

The last part of my massive Belif reviews cover the "others" category. We have body moisturizer, hand cream, sunscreen, and foundation. There is also nose balm, body scrub and hair care but I don't have enough budget to grab all so you are welcomed to share your thoughts on those products with me if you have tried them out yourself!

Honestly, I am less impressed by Belif's body care. I find them a little bit too rich for the Malaysian weather. Even The Body Shop ones are better in term of performance and texture. And my body is not sensitive at all so I seriously cannot appreciate the soothing benefits offered by Belif body products.

Their sunscreens are pretty extensive though and are suitable for various skin types. But the problem with their sun products is that they don't offer enough explanation for each product so non-skincare-junkee will be super confused. And it is not like Belif has trained their staffs into skincare experts or something to offer great advises. I am not saying that Belif does not train their staffs, but they still recommend the wrong things for my mom, and that is pretty understandable because come on, these are all young girls who might not be as passionate and as knowledgeable on skincare as some of the junkees like ourselves, so they might not know what skin types you have and what concerns you have since they don't have the machine to do all the measuring. And most customers don't know about their skin types either. So... I am just saying that Belif should be clearer in their labeling for these sunscreens.

Anyway, these are the products that we will talk about in this review:
  • Belif Body Bomba – Rosemary
  • Belif Body Bomba – Ylang Ylang
  • Belif Body Bomba
  • Belif In The Rose Garden Hand Cream
  • Belif My Lime-Orange Hand Cream
  • Belif Lavender Sky Hand Cream
  • Belif Uv Protector Daily Sunscreen Gel
  • Belif Uv Protector Stand-By-You Sunscreen
  • Belif Almighty Sun Powder
  • Belif Uv Protector Fresh Sunscreen  | Full Review
  • Belif Moisture Bomb Cushion SPF50+/PA+++
  • Belif Tinted Moisturizer Waterdrop B.B.

Belif Body Bomba - Lemon Verbena, Ylang Ylang, and Rosemary 250ml
(KRW 29,000 / RM 125)


Body bomba is a highly moisturizing body care line with therapeutic scents, which are lemon verbena, ylang ylang and rosemary. Lemon verbena is the original version formulated with comfrey leaf. It is the heaviest in term of consistency to keep the skin moisturized and soothed. It smells like minty herb that is refreshing and mood lifting.

Rosemary is a soft lotion type body moisturizer formulated with rosemary leaf oil to purify the skin. It is lighter than the lemon verbena but a tad bit heavier in consistency if compared to ylang ylang. It keeps my skin hydrated and soft for long hours. It smells like lemon grass.

Ylang ylang is the lightest in term of consistency among all three. It gets absorbed into the skin quickly due to its fluid consistency, leaving behind a soft, non-sticky film. This smells great which I find enticing and romantic. Its texture is also the most pleasurable among all of them. Definitely will repurchase after I finish using this.

Belif In The Rose Garden Hand Cream
Belif My Lime-Orange Hand Cream
Belif Lavender Sky Hand Cream
(KRW 23,000 / RM 50)


I got these during one of Belif's GwP events. Normally I wouldn't buy a hand cream, especially hand cream that costs me more than RM 20. I am stingy okay? But since I got it, I don't want to waste it so I am using them pretty frequently.

My lime-orange is a oil-based hand cream that smells pretty citrusy. It is not the type of smell that I like because all my dishwashers are citrus smelling and I don't like to wash dishes...! And I also don't like how this feels really oily on my hand.

In the rose garden smells better and is less greasy. It smells like wild rose, nothing too artificial or overwhelming. The texture is also far less greasy although it will leave a slightly sticky finish.

My favourite out of all these is the lavender sky. It is the least-sticky and greatest smelling among all of them. It feels like an emollient cream but minus the stickiness of the other two. And I really love the scent of lavender so I am loving this a lot!

I think Belif hand cream is more suitable for winter season. It is rich in emollient and essential oil that can really soothe and protect your skin from cold wind. If I were to repurchase, it will only be the lavender sky.

Belif UV Protector Daily Sunscreen Gel 30ml SPF30 PA++
(KRW 28,000 / RM 120)


This is a lightweight and refreshing sunscreen gel that feels like a hydrating essence. It is the lightest sunscreen among all other Belif sun products, but a relatively lower UVA and UVB protection at only SPF30 PA++.

Just like the Mamonde sun gel, this is the product that you'll enjoy using but finds too expensive to maintain. It feels really lightweight on the skin with its soft liquid texture and sinks in really quick as well. However, at RM 120 for 30ml, this is considered pricier as I would still prefer Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense with equally light texture but higher sun protection.

Ideal for all skin types who doesn't go under the sun a lot and enjoy a lightweight and hydrating sunscreen.

Belif UV Protector Fresh Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++ 30ml
(KRW 23,000 / RM 99)


This is a refreshing sunscreen with a consistency between gel and cream. It is the second most lightweight sun care product in Belif after the Daily Sunscreen Gel. It has SPF 50 and PA+++, hence better sun protection than the latter.

There isn't much I can say about this product. It is my mom's everyday sunscreen but not one of my favourites. It is good, but is far from my expectations. It doesn't smell like any other Belif products, more on the plasticky and minty sides which I don't like. And its texture is also quite so-so. It is still fairly light-weighted, moisturizing and not sticky but it is not refreshing or hydrating enough for my liking. Having said that, I still stick to my preference for AMPM Sun Lotion, Kose Sun Essence Gel, Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence and Hada Labo Perfect UV Gel. I even like the Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense better compared to this.

Ideal for combination to dry skin type, especially those who stay outdoor often given its better sun protection. Individuals with oily skin could check out the UV Protector Leports Shaking Sunscreen. Check this out for my full review and ingredients analysis!

Belif UV Protector Stand-by-You Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++ 30ml
(KRW / RM 120)


This is a sunscreen-and-foundation hybrid with a high UVB but medium UVA protection. You use this at the last step of your skincare after a moisturizer.

To be honest, both my mom and I do not enjoy this sunscreen. She bought this at first and passed it to me after this broke her out badly. I tried it for a few times and decided that this was too drying and cakey as a foundation. I would not use this to replace my normal sunscreen as I never apply an adequate amount (1/4 tablespoon) of this sunscreen, which was the minimum amount required for maximum sun protection of a sunscreen.

Honestly, if I were to find a foundation, I would go for the Tinted Moisturizer Waterdrop B.B. and a functional sunscreen. I would not opt for a sunscreen with BB or foundation inside to enjoy the full protection from my sunscreen. If you live in a colder, cloudy climate and want to get a convenient sunscreen-foundation-in-one product, then you can definitely check this out. But as a sunscreen for Malaysia? I don’t really recommend.

Belif Almighty Sun Powder SPF50+ PA+++
(RM 129)


This is a sun powder that combines the properties of pressed powder and sunscreen. You can always use this to touch up during the day without having to worry about ruining your makeup as it is extremely light.

This is the product that I go for whenever I have at outside wearing makeup. You cannot really reapply your sunscreen every 2-4 hours with your makeup on, especially if you don't have any access to a dressing room. Hence, a portable sun powder will come in handy as a two-in-one tool to do some touch-up. The sun powder also has pores blurring benefits just like many other powder. It is a convenient sun powder that can last quite some time.

Ideal for sunscreen reapplication whenever your are outside without any access to a dressing room. More suitable for oily skin.

Belif Tinted Moisturizer Waterdrop B.B. SPF 20 PA++ 30ml
(KRW 23,000 / RM 99)


This is a moisturizer and B.B. cream hybrid with rather low SPF of 20 and PA++. In other words, please use a sunscreen before this. This B.B. cream is suitable for individuals with normal, dehydrated and dry skin. I think it will also work great for combination skin living in a hot country like Malaysia as well.

Unlike the Moisture Bomb Cushion which has a yellowish undertone, this appears pinkish or greyish, so it might make individuals with yellowish undertone to appear greyish or dull. My mom with dehydrated combination skin used to wear this but has since moved on to the Moisture Bomb Cushion when she found that this makes her look dull. If you have fairer skin and want a lightweighted, refreshing and moisturizing BB experience then this will be a great option.

Belif Moisture Bomb Cushion SPF50+/PA+++


This is a cushion foundation with the properties of its best-selling Moisturizing Bomb hence the name. It has a high SPF rating of 50 and PA+++. The colour I choose is light beige.

Actually I don't really have a lot to say about a cushion foundation, especially that I don't wear a lot of makeup everyday and don't use enough cushion foundation for comparison purpose. This cushion foundation, just like all other Belif ones, is perfect for individuals with relatively good skin. The coverage is not excellent so don't expect this to cover all your hyperpigmentation and acne, but it is really moisturizing for those people who find cushion foundation dries them out.

My mom has been using this every single day before switching to Age 20 and she thinks this is the most moisturizing cushion foundation she has ever used. But since Age 20 provides better coverage and gives her a dewier looking complexion, she moves on from this.

Ideal for normal to dry skin looking for medium-coverage and non-drying cushion foundation.

CONCLUSION


I think it is clear that I am a fan of Belif products, but I am not a fan of their every single item, which is why I wrote this mega review to serve as a guide for all of you who want to try out Belif products but is unsure where to start.

I have been asked this question many times in my Instagram that which Belif products are my personal favourites, so I am gonna list down 10 top Belif products in my mind that I love. The products are not listed in order of favourites:

  • Belif Creamy Cleansing Foam Moist (the most soothing and moisturizing foam cleanser I have ever tried!)
  • Belif The True Decoction - Anti-Aging Shaking Water (a lighter and better version of the Anti-Aging Essence to prep and nourish the skin)
  • Belif Numero 10 Essence (perfect moisture wrap after showering)
  • Belif The True Tincture Of Chamomile (natural skin revitalizing essence)
  • Belif Witch Hazel Herbal Extract Toner (highly soothing and moisturizing essence toner)
  • Belif Moisturizing And Firming Eye Cream (bouncy and can reduce the appearance of fine lines)
  • Belif The True Decoction Firming Essence (bouncy and a replacement and upgraded version of my once beloved Overnight Revitalizing Mask)
  • Belif Peat Miracle Revital Serum Concentrate (wrinkles repairing and preventative anti-aging serum)
  • Belif The True Cream – Aqua Bomb (holy grail hydrating and moisturizing cream)
  • Belif The True - Whitening Cream (beloved brightening and hydrating cream)

I hope these reviews help you in making your own choices and wish you a wonderful day ahead! Good luck finding your Belifies!

Other reviews:
Part 1: Cleansing Oil, Cleansing Water, Foam Cleanser, Scrub
Part 2: Booster, Toner, Mist, Eye Cream
Part 3: Essence, Serum, Oil, Spot Treatment, Balm
Part 4: Emulsion and Cream
Part 5: Mask
Part 6: Body Care, Hand Cream, Sunscreen, Foundation


[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...