10 May 2017

Review: Belif Peat Miracle Revital Serum Concentrate


This is one of the “luxurious” Belif products that are targeting those in their 30s and above. By right, I should wait for a few years before trying this if I want to see the results. But being a loyal Belif fan myself, not trying out their luxurious Peat products is a painful thing to do. Besides, my then-Belif Consultant was so persuasive. She gave me a few sachets for me to try at home, promised that I will fall in love. And there you go, I came back for the Peat Miracle Serum Concentrate, and brought along my family and friends.

I think the thing that appeals to me the most is the packaging. The serum is packed in a gorgeous glass dropper bottle. I like the presentation very much. I sometimes just enjoy the sight of taking the dropper out of the and hearing the sound of glasses clinking. It assures me that the serum is made of glass, not some cheap plastic.



The serum is made of 20% peat extract. Peat is a new thing in the beauty industry. It can accelerate cellular turnover, promote younger-looking complexion, and increase the elasticity of your skin. It is an anti-aging serum in brief.





The serum came with its dropper packed separately. This ensures freshness of the product. You’ll know whether or not your product is used if it is packed this way. I do not keep the cap because I don’t want to contaminate the dropper and I know contamination will occur if I keep the dropper aside.



The serum has a viscous gel texture. It is really lightweight and gets absorbed really fast. I won’t call this oil-like because it is really not an oil. It has a mild Belif herbal lemonic scent to it.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Peat Extract (20%), Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Butylene Glycol, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, PEG-150, Aminobutyric Acid, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract*, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract*, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract*, Viola Tricolor Extract*, Alchemilla Vulgaris Leaf Extract*, Nepeta Cataria Extract+, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract+, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract+, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract+, Stellaria Media (Chickweed) Extract+, Baptisia Tinctoria Root Extract+, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract**, Achillea Millefolium Flower Extract**, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract**, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Leaf Extract**, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract**, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract**, Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract**, Sodium Hyaluronate, Saccharomyces/Potato Extract Ferment Filtrate, Saccharomyces/Barley Seed Ferment Filtrate, Panthenol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Polyacrylate, Trisodium EDTA, Fragrance++, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool.

*Napiers moisture formula (oil-moisture balance)
+Napiers original formula (clarification and hydration)
**Napiers formula AA (anti-aging)


INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS
(CosDNA)



Major ingredient used here is peat extract. Other ingredients are mainly Belif's Napiers moisture, anti-aging and original formulas. Most of the ingredients here are safe for the skin. There is also alcohol inside which I think is used as a solvent so it is quite unlikely to cause allergic reactions to the skin.

Peat extract is quite novel. Not a lot of products use peat extract in their products, not to mention that the peat that Belif uses comes from the uncivilized Peatlands in Finland. Belif claims that the peat extract used here is taken from the peat land where 80 different herbs are deposited and preserved for thousands of years in the uncivilized peat land with uncontaminated ice water. The efficacy of peat to retain youth also derived from the discovery of a mummy whose body remains well-preserved by the peat bog in the Netherlands.

Scientific studies also found ample evidence of cosmetic values of peat extract. Peat is a natural source of humic substances. Humic substances are organic compounds with humic acids, humin, fulvic acids, pectins, cellulose, resins and so on. Humic substances are chemically active with antibacterial, antifungal, astringent, and photoprotective properties. Among which, their ability to protect the skin against UVB is remarkable as uv damage is the worse cause of skin aging. These amazing benefits are also supported and complimented by the aminobutyric acid (GABA) added inside this serum, which is found to have collagen-stimulating effects on human cells.

Other ingredients are often discussed in other Belif product reviews so I don't want to elaborate too much on that here. Basically, there are three major Napiers formula that we see. The Original Formula focuses on skin clarifying, hydrating and soothing. This formula uses rose flower extract, althaea flower extract, meadowsweet flower extract and pansy flower extract to achieve that purposes. Their combined skincare benefits are skin conditioning, moisturizing, antibacterial and soothing.

Napiers' Moisture Formula features oat kernel extract, lady's mantle extract, catnip extract, raspberry leaf extract, calendula flower extract, chickweed extract and wild indigo extract. These are stuffs found in a lot of Belif products with moisturizing, blood circulation-improving and soothing benefits. They are also antioxidants, astringent and anti-inflammatory with balancing, purifying, protecting and toning benefits. My favourite Napiers formula so far because most Belif products formulated with these herbs are feel soothing and nice on the skin, especially during when my skin feels extra sensitive and irritated.

Subsequently, we have the Napiers Anti-Aging (AA) Formula with licorice root extract, yarrow extract, eyebright extract, horse chestnut extract, rhodiola root extract, bilberry extract and horsetail extract. Among these, my favourites are licorice root extract, yarrow extract, and bilberry extract. I have freckles and sun spots and these are really potent herbal ingredients that are found to have melanin-synthesis and dark spots-reducing effects. Of course, there are also pores tightening, texture-refining and elasticity-improving benefits too, but my major targets remain my dark spots.

This is indeed a long list of amazing ingredients. It is effort-taking how they manage to pack these ingredients into a tiny bottle of 30ml yet still manages to keep it stable. I have been using the serum for the past 10 months and did not notice any deterioration in its quality. Not even in its scent. Normally, you can tell whether or not a product has deteriorated from its scent and texture but this Belif serum despite its potency remains as good as the day I first opened it.

PERFORMANCE


Now comes the most important part of the review - is it effective?

I mentioned earlier that my skin is too young for this serum. Any age-related signs I have right now is mostly a work of my poor diet and sleeping habit which no skincare can help, so I use this simply for added moisture and nourishment. It is more like a preventative serum that feels good to apply.

However, things are different for my mom. She has more signs and aging so this can be put to test. She reported visibly lesser wrinkles, fine lines and sagginess after adding this into her routine. Normally a few drops are enough. A bottle can last you for 2-3 months if you use it morning and night. She has combination skin so she finds this works better than serum with rich texture.

My friends are also using this, but both have different opinions on it. Friend A told me that this serum has helped to reduce her acne scars and add radiance to her skin. She also experiences lesser breakout and sebum production using this for several months.

Friend B and C, however, doesn’t feel anything about this serum at all. They both have normal and sensitive skin and are quite disappointed on what this has to deliver. 

CONCLUSION


This is one of the most expensive serums I have ever had, so naturally I would expect it to work wonder. Regrettably, it doesn’t do any wonder for my skin. This is mostly attributable to the fact that I am still too young to have any wrinkles for it to take effect. What I can see is healthier, “bouncier” and more resilient-looking skin after adding this into my routine. My mom notices some wrinkles-repairing results but she doesn’t pay close attention to every details of her face, and I don’t have the permission to take picture so I cannot tell you exactly how much improvements she got from the serum.

It is good to wear, but don’t expect miracle overnight. If you want more dramatic results, and your skin isn’t sensitive, then I would suggest that you go for SK-II Facial Treatment Essence.


overall impression: ★★★★
repurchasing: ★★★
You can get this from: Belif Malaysia etc.
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...