21 May 2017

Review: Mamonde Rose Honey Sleeping Mask


I guess you guys know that I love rose. My first sleeping mask was a rose one from Beauty DIY (later rebranded to Naruko). I have talked about many rose containing products in my previous reviews. Now, let's talk about the rose honey sleeping mask from Mamonde.

Mamonde is a brand inspired from flowers. Most of their products are based on flower ingredients. They have a couple of skincare lines devoted into respective flowers such as rose, lotus, pomegranate flower, honeysuckle and so on. Other products in their rose line includes the Mamonde Rose Water Toner that I just reviewed and the Mamonde Rose Moisturizing Mask that I love. I got this Rose Honey Sleeping Mask about a year ago when I saw it at 11street. I wanted to experience the kind of luxurious moisturizing sensation I remembered when I first used the Beauty DIY Rose Overnight Gelly Pack. I hoped that this could bring me back to those beautiful memories which was why I bought it.

However, my passion for sleeping mask was somewhat faded the time I started using it. I didn't open it immediately after receiving it because I wanted to finish my last sleeping mask first before committing into this one. And by the time I finished the last one, I was no longer that passionate about sleeping mask. So this Mamonde one took me a good year to finish. I initially wasn't planning to do this review but I want to give it some recognition so I finally decided to talk about it a little.





The product is pretty nice. It is beautiful, it smells sweet yet not too overwhelming, it is really moisturizing and the texture is wonderful as well! This mask scores above-average on almost every scale as a sleeping mask at around RM 50.


I like using it whenever my skin is feeling dry, sensitive or dehydrated. I normally use it as the last step of my skincare routine but you could apply a thick layer and then rinse it off if you have oilier skin and want to enjoy the luxurious moisturizing sensation offered by this mask.


INGREDIENTS
(directly translated from the official website)

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin,Glycereth-26, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Rose Extract (113 mg), Rosa Canina Flower Oil (0.04 mg), Honey (107 mg), Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Theanine, Epigallocatechin Gallate, Camellia Sinensis Flower Extract, Kaempferol, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Prunus Mume Fruit Extract, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, VP Copolymer, Behenyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Jojoba Esters, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Kaolin, Tromethamine, Sodium Polyacrylate Starch, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Theobroma Cacao Extract, Dextrin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethanol, Phytantriol, Poloxamer 407, Caffeine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance


INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

Most of the ingredients are emulsifiers, emollients and surfactants that give this mask its bouncy, honey-like yet fast-absorbing consistency. None of these are highly problematic ingredients, as we see mostly green scores on CosDNA. And since the mask gets absorbed really fast, I think oily skin will also benefit from its lightweight moisturizing property.

Good ingredients include rose flower extract, rose flower oil, honey, orange extract, green tea derivatives, lotus flower extract, cacao extract, caffein, daisy extract, and several skin benefiting components like adenosine, kaempferol and theanine.

Rose derivatives and honey often work well together as they are both skin soothing and moisturizing ingredients. Honey is particularly beneficial for dry and mature skin as it contains skin healing components and is rich in antioxidants. I personally is not a fan of honey but I love rose and I love how rose and honey bring out the best in each other. Other skin-benefiting ingredients include green tea derivatives with antioxidizing and collagen-stimulating properties. This is complimented by cellular-communicating and blood flow activating ingredients adenosine, cacao extract, kaempferol, caffein and so on. We also have theanine, an intriguing additive with soothing and relaxing properties. It is also found to release dopamine in human brains and therefore is perfect as a pre-sleeping remedy for the skin and mind.

The ingredients do show a convincing blend of skin soothing, moisturizing, relaxing and repairing ingredients. It will stimulate blood flow overnight while soothing and pampering it with low-irritating botanical goodies to give you a glowy complexion the next morning!

CONCLUSION

can you see the rose petals floating inside?

Yes! I think I have found my replacement for the old day Beauty DIY Rose Jelly Mask. This Mamonde Rose Honey Mask is a luxurious smelling and feeling yet super lightweight moisturizing punch for your skin. My skin looks plump and feels really soft when I wake up the next morning. I think this will work great for those with normal, dry, sensitive, dehydrated and mature skin. Oily skin should use this as a rinse-off mask instead of overnight mask. I think this works better than Innisfree Wine Jelly Mask as it is lightweight and offers equally well moisturizing punch for the skin. But those who prefer lighter sleeping mask like the Laneige one might find this a little bit too nourishing. But if you have really dry skin then maybe you should go for the heavier one like Sulwhasoo Overnight Revitalizing Mask. You can read my comparison reviews of sleeping masks for more information!

packaging: ★★★☆
scent: ★★★★
texture: ★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★
performance - moisturizing: ★★★★
general impression: ★★★★ (decent and luxurious feeling sleeping mask)

You can get this from: Mamonde | Koreadepart
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...