21 Jun 2017

Comparison Review: Illi Total Aging Care Body Lotion, Total Aging Care Smoothing Lotion, and Intensive Moisture Body Lotion


I talked about a number of body lotions that I love and hate in the past few years, which you can check out here. In this review, I wanna bring your attention to these illi Body Lotion once again and share my 2 cents on them with you guys. Three body lotions that we are gonna talk about today are Illi Total Aging Care Body Lotion, Illi Total Aging Care Smoothing Lotion, and Illi Intensive Moisture Body Lotion. They are all coming from the mother brand Illi, a hanbang cosmetics brand based in Korea. You can find its products in many places, including Korean grocery store, so it is not very “high-end” or “luxurious”, but definitely something hanbang fans will appreciate.






Let’s look at the products. All these body lotions are packed in a cute, round-shaped container with a pump top. It is easy to dispense the products out. All illi lotion has this unique “oil essence” like consistency, which may look greasy but actually is not greasy at all when you apply it on your body. The product just sinks in immediately, leaving a slight tacky or moist finish. All illi products has a very enticing hanbang scent, that is either towards floral or fruity ends depending on the product types.


My favourite out of all three is the Total Aging Care Body Lotion, which is a lightweight nourishing oil essence that sinks into the skin beautifully without leaving a trace. It smells really nice as well, and is the most hanbang out of all three. It is the perfect example of a “super nourishing yet non-creamy and non-heavy body lotion”.

Ingredients-wise, it has shea butter, ginseng, green tea, camellia seed oil, natto gum, and so on botanical extracts. The rest are all texture ingredients. I won’t say that the ingredients are super impressive or just simply mind-blowing but having ginseng in my body lotion is like a dream-come-true for many people who have aging or drying skin due to harsh environment. And I am happy to have shea butter, green tea and camellia seed oil in my body lotion too. At least you know apart from all these glycerin stuffs you have some “real stuffs”.



Next I want to talk about the Total Aging Care Smoothing Lotion because it is supposed to be a sister product of the Total Aging Care Body Lotion. I think the smoothing lotion is by no mean comparable to the body lotion in terms of moisturizing ability. It is just an opaque body gel that feels really soothing and pleasant on the skin. So if you have oily skin you’ll love it but never dry skin.



Finally, we have the Intensive Moisture Body Lotion. By right this should be more intense than the Total Aging Care Body Lotion but for some reason I find it is not more moisturizing than the Total Aging Care Body Lotion. It is just a creamier and less greasy version of the Total Aging Care Body Lotion. Individuals with dry to very dry skin will like this but not normal or combination skin. I still think the Total Aging Care Body Lotion is more suitable for all skin types and age groups.

I think I will only repurchase the Total Aging Care Body Lotion if given the chance. I won’t be getting any of the Smoothing Lotion and Intensive Moisture Body Lotion. I don’t really enjoy using them and often forget about using them cus I always reach out for the Total Aging Care.

That’s all for today. Hope you enjoy my share today and don’t forget to comment below if you have any questions how the differences between these three body lotions! Have a nice day!


You can get this from: Gmarket | Koreadepart | Memebox
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...