13 Jun 2017

Review: Sulwhasoo Ginseng Care Kit


The adventure into Sulwhasoo is not complete without looking at its ginseng products. I have shared some of my thoughts on Sulwhasoo’s ginseng products in my previous reviews. Today, I am gonna talk a step closer into these ginseng goodies by looking at the ginseng line as featured in its premium Ginseng Care Kit. You can get this premium ginseng kit from the purchase of Sulwhasoo ginseng products, especially its ginseng cream. You can get this from Gmarket, Testerkorea and even RoseRoseShop sometimes, depending on stock availability, but keep in mind that they are not cheap though.


There are 5 products in total in this Ginseng Care Kit:
  • Sulwhasoo Capsulized Ginseng Fortifying Serum 8ml 
  • Sulwhaoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Essential Oil 5ml 
  • Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Eye Cream 3ml 
  • Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream 5ml 
  • Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream Ex Light 5ml 

This kit is sufficient to give you a comprehensive grasp of all the ginseng luxuries in one go.


TEXTURE AND APPLICATION 



There is no toner and emulsion in this kit, so anyone who are interested in Sulwhasoo toner and emulsion can refer to my previous review on the Essential Balancing and Snowise Brightening toner-emulsion pairs.


Normally, I will apply my eye cream before a serum and after a toner. This eye cream is, in my opinion, one of the most lightweight yet highly nourishing ones I have ever used. The texture is quite creamy, but extremely bouncy as you can see in the picture above. My eyes area feels is left plump, nourished and moisturized without any heaviness. However, I get bacterial infection around my eyes recently after adding this into my routine, not sure is it due to this eye cream, or just the fact that I rub my eyes too much. I will report back if it is indeed this eye cream that causes that.

In term of ingredients, we have all the nourishing stuffs like squalane, shea butter, honey and so on. I am delighted to find that ginseng extract constitutes a vast majority of this eye cream, in greater amount than water. There are also a blend of herbal ingredients as seen in most Sulwhasoo products like licorice root, ginseng saponins, peony root, lotus, rhizome, rehmannia, mongo grass, and so on with anti-inflammatory and anti-aging benefits. Mica is also added to target dark circles and pigmentation around the eyes area. Caffeine is also present in a smaller amount for those with puffiness and eye bags. Not really an eye cream that can target dark circles, in my opinion, but a good one if you have fine lines and wrinkles as well as dryness issue around the eyes. Particularly good for aging skin.



Next comes my favourite ginseng serum. The serum is a lightweight watery gel with suspended capsules essences. This serum feels really refreshing and moisturizing on the skin. I think Sulwhasoo products are formulated with advance technology to give its high skin penetration, which is in the case of many of its nourishing products. So far I haven’t noticed much skin improvements since I only use a little bit of this but I really like how this feels on my skin and will consider repurchasing in the future.



I will skip the ginseng cream EX and EX Light review since I have already talked about it in my more detailed ginseng cream reviews. Basically, both products are well-made nourishing cream packed with a whole bunch of ginseng extracts, saponins and many more herbal ingredients to provide long-lasting moisture and anti-aging benefits. I prefer the EX Light over the EX as it is as concentrated as the EX without the excessive nourishing ingredients used. It also smells better and gets absorbed into the skin faster than the EX.


Lastly, we have the essential oil. This oil contains all the nourishing oils we see from other Sulwhasoo ginseng products. We have the meadowfoam seed oil, ginseng seed oil, camellia oil, sesame seed oil, and apricot kernel oil. The oil is by far one of the most nourishing oils I have ever used, so I think it is more suitable for dry and mature skin than oily to combination skin. I don’t use it on my face as it is too greasy to be fully absorbed by my normal-to-dry skin. I will use it to on my body as a massaging oil and I love how it makes my body feels so relaxing and nourished. Don’t think I will repurchase.

FINAL THOUGHT


I love, love and love this ginseng set. It allows me to try out all ginseng goodies without breaking my wallet. All of these ginseng products come in a relatively generous amount so you can try out different ones for a good 1-2 week(s) before deciding whether or not you want to repurchase. I think, if I were to repurchase, the ginseng cream EX light, ginseng serum and ginseng eye cream will top my list since they are extremely lightweight yet nourishing. I haven't seen any long term benefits from using these, and that's fair since I only use sample sizes of them, but I am positive that with the quality of ginseng root extract, I'll be able to get long-term skin benefits from these products.

Continue reading:

[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...