27 Jul 2017

Haul Review: Althea Korea's Chok Chok Box


It is summer time (at least in Malaysia, the weather is still freaking hot)! A perfect time for some ice-cream, swimming suit as well as to get chok-chok!




I received this Chok Chok Box from the lovely Althea early this month so I am really excited to share it with you guys! You guys know I rarely do makeup posts, mostly because I don't makeup a lot and I am not particularly good at doing that, but the makeup items in this box is so pretty that I use it everyday after receiving it!

There are 6 items in the Althea's Chok Chok Box:

  • Laneige Water Bank Mineral Skin Mist 60ml
  • Dr. Young Silky Primer 25ml
  • W-Lab Water Hole Cushion #23
  • A'Pieu Creamy Cheek-Chok Blusher CR01
  • Milky Dress Barbie Make Color Pop Tint [Delight Coral]
  • B&Soap Glacial Water Mask


All these are well established brands. Among which, the Laneige mist retails for RM 80 per 120ml so this is quite a deal!

Let's look at the product one by one:



Laneige Water Bank Mineral Skin Mist 



I have shared that many times in my previous reviews that Laneige Water Bank Mineral Mist is my holy grail face mist. It is still the best in my opinion having tried out multiple mists from good brands like Goodal, Whamisa, The Face Shop, and Innisfree. My skin is immediately plumper, refreshed, and hydrated after spritzing this on my face. Love how it smells and fees on my skin!

Dr. Young Silky Primer



Dr. Young Silky Primer is a new product. You guys are probably more familiar with the Dr. Young Anti-Pore Pore Eraser Balm. I haven't tried the Pore Eraser Balm although I am really intrigued to try it out. But judging from the performance of this Silky Primer, which covers my smaller pores (this is a pore concealer but it won't suddenly diminish the appearance of your pores, alright?), I think I am happy with just this. It is a really nice beige primer or pore concealer or skin texture corrector before any makeup application. Perfect for oily and combination skin with pores issue. Those with clogged pores or acne-prone skin must wash their face really thoroughly to prevent breakouts.

W-Lab Water Hole Cushion #23





Yes, you hear it right, you got a cushion with a bunch of other products at just slightly RM 100 over. This W-Lab cushion is in #23, but my skin tone is #21 so the tone is a tone darker than what I am currently using, so my skin looks a bit greyish and pale. The coverage is fairly good as my freckles are mostly covered. The cushion does make my pores more visible so I will use the Silky Primer prior to using it. I prefer dewier cushion but this feels matte with better coverage so you just gotta weight your preference here.

A'Pieu Creamy Cheek-Chok Blusher CR01


This is a blusher in coral. Literally nothing much to talk about here except that it looks like the lip tint in the box. I like how creamier and easy to apply it is, and it does give my cheek a healthy, natural blush.

Milky Dress Barbie Make Color Pop Tint



I really love this lip tint! The colour is in bright coral and it feels so creamy and moisturizing on my lips. Non-drying at all despite my chapped lips which are prone to dryness. And don't you agree that the packaging looks simply gorgeous?!

B&Soap Glacial Water Mask



This is a moisturizing mask made of 1,000mg glacier water, lavender extract, aloe vera extract, cucumber extract and so on moisturizing and skin soothing ingredients. The material is just like most cotton sheet mask. There is a spoonful of clear, runny essence that gets fully absorbed by your skin in about 20 minutes. My skin does feel more hydrated and soft after using. A nice one, though not exactly impressed.

FINAL THOUGHT



I am really delighted by most of the products I received in this box. It is chok-chok indeed. Apart from my beloved Laneige mist, I also really really enjoy the Milky Dress lip tint that looks gorgeous and matches my skin tone perfectly. I think it definitely worth the money you are paying for here and I would recommend it to people who want a convenient set of makeup without spending a fortune. You can simply add an eyeliner and eyebrow and be ready to travel! Spritz your skin thorough the day to give you that chok-chok look and finally add a sheet mask to seal goodness in!

Here goes my review. Have a blast!

You can get this from: Althea Korea
[Disclaimer] Products are sponsored. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...